Helping Car Accident Victims In Virginia And Maryland Get The Compensation They Deserve
A car accident can change the course of your life forever. In addition to grappling with serious injuries, you may also be struggling with insurance headaches, financial hurdles, missed work and seemingly endless medical bills.
Car accident lawyer Morgan Whitlock of Whitlock Law, LLC, understands what you’re going through. Motor vehicle accident cases are a major focus of her practice. As an experienced car accident attorney, Ms. Whitlock has helped thousands of car accident victims pursue the compensation they deserve. Based in Silver Spring, she handles auto accident cases in both Maryland and Virginia.
Common Causes Of Car Accidents
Even the most cautious of drivers can end up in a collision due to the negligence of others on the road. Some common contributors to car wrecks include:
- Inattentive or distracted driving, especially with the use of smartphones or tablets behind the wheel
- Speeding or driving too fast for the road conditions
- Failure to yield or running a red light
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Inexperience, especially with accidents involving teen drivers
- Dangerous road conditions, including road construction and weather hazards
The cause of an accident isn’t always apparent. A swift investigation is essential to get to the bottom of what happened. At Whitlock Law, LLC, car accident lawyer Morgan Whitlock will act quickly to gather evidence and build a strong case for you. She handles all kinds of car crash cases, including:
- Distracted driving accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
- Accidents involving stalled vehicles on the shoulder or roadside
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Road rage accidents
- T-bone (side impact) accidents
- Rideshare accidents involving Uber or Lyft
- Teen driver accidents
- Multicar pileups
- Rollover accidents and single-car crashes
- Accidents involving rental cars
Whether your accident involved a rear-end collision, head-on crash, road rage or failure to yield, you can count on Ms. Whitlock to find the strongest grounds for pursuing a successful outcome.
Common Injuries Resulting From Car Crashes
A car accident can take a serious toll on your body. The force of the impact can cause serious and lasting damage, including:
- Broken bones
- Soft-tissue and ligament damage such as whiplash
- Back and neck injuries
- Life-altering catastrophic injuries, including burns, traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), amputations, spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Fatal injuries, which can be grounds for a wrongful death claim
Standing Up To Insurance Companies
After a car crash, sorting out insurance issues can be a nightmare. Your insurance company isn’t looking out for you; they’re looking out for their own bottom line. And they will have a team of lawyers looking for ways to minimize or outright deny your claim.
Attorney Whitlock has a strong track record of standing up to insurance companies, both at trial and in settlement negotiations. She understands how to navigate all kinds of insurance issues, including personal injury protection (PIP) claims. She also knows how to prove negligence (or fault) in auto accident cases. With her on your side, you can feel confident that you won’t get taken advantage of.
Maximizing Your Damages
Attorney Whitlock knows how to value car accident claims to protect clients from getting shortchanged. She can help you pursue damages for:
- Damage to your vehicle
- Your medical bills and ongoing treatment
- Other accident-related expenses
- Your pain and suffering
By working tirelessly on your behalf, from filing a claim to pursuing a strong settlement or verdict, she will do everything in her power to maximize your recovery.
Case Example: Ms. Whitlock obtained a $240,000 award for a passenger in a car accident on Route 1. The case involved extensive injuries as a result of driver negligence. Read more of the firm’s success stories.
Don’t Wait To Get A Proven Car Accident Lawyer On Your Side
After an accident, you should take swift action to protect your rights. There are a number of things you can do after a crash and at the scene. You only have a limited amount of time to file a claim, whether it occurred in Maryland or Virginia. It takes time to build a strong car accident case. The sooner you get legal help, the better your chances of a successful outcome.
Contact Whitlock Law, LLC, today for a free consultation with car accident attorney Morgan Whitlock. Call 301-960-3874 or send a message online. You won’t have to pay any attorney fees unless you receive compensation.