A Dedicated Attorney Helping Bicycle Accident Victims And Their Loved Ones Seek Justice
Biking is a healthy, environmentally friendly means of transportation. It’s also a source of enjoyment for countless adults and children. But when cars and bicycles collide, the impact to the cyclist can be devastating, potentially leading to life-altering injuries or even death.
Whitlock Law, LLC, is committed to helping bicycle accident victims and their families pursue justice. Based in Silver Spring, lawyer Morgan Whitlock has more than a decade of experience navigating high-stakes vehicle accident cases in both Maryland and Virginia. Her dedication to clients is evident in her many successful results. Reach out today to discuss your case during a free consultation.
What are the common causes of bicycle accidents?
On average, more than 700 bicyclists are killed and thousands more are injured each year across the United States, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Many of those accidents involve:
- Driver Inattention: Sadly, many bicycle accidents are entirely preventable. Drivers who aren’t paying attention — who are texting or talking on the phone, for example — are often the culprits.
- Drunk Driving: Intoxicated drivers are far more likely to swerve into bikers or crash head-on into a cyclist due to their impairment.
- Defective Bicycles Or Bike Parts: Sometimes the bike itself can play a role in the accident. Defective brakes and other crucial components may cast fault on the manufacturer.
- Biking At Night: Approximately 50% of all bicycle fatalities happen between 6 p.m. and 6 a.m., according to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. Riding during rush hour or after dark increases the chance of getting hit by a car. That doesn’t make it a cyclist’s fault, of course, but it is something to be aware of.
- Riding In Traffic: The vast majority of bicycle crashes happen in urban areas, where traffic density is greater. Many happen on busy roads. Even with bike lanes, the risk of getting struck by a car or “doored” by a parked vehicle is much greater than when riding on lower density roads or in quiet rural areas. However, just because cyclists may choose to ride in traffic or in congested areas does not in any way make the accident their fault.
Countless factors may contribute to an accident. When you work with Whitlock Law, LLC, attorney Whitlock will work tirelessly to uncover all of the contributing factors and hold the right parties accountable.
Enlist A Bicycle Accident Attorney Who Has Helped Thousands Of Injury Victims Pursue Justice
A proven advocate and accomplished litigator, attorney Morgan Whitlock knows how to build strong cases for personal injury victims. She’s not afraid to go to trial if needed. When you choose Whitlock Law, LLC, you will work with her directly, benefitting from open lines of communication and prompt responses to all of your questions and concerns.
Take the first step today by calling 301-960-3874. You can also request a free consultation online.